Tuesday, August 5, 2008

August 5, 1980

I can't believe how much time has gone by...

August 5, 1980 was the last day that I saw my birth mother. It has been 28 years. Absolutely unbelievable. I don't remember much about her. I only know stories that I have been told. The story that I was told of this day in particular was that my father came home to find a note on the kitchen table stating that my mother took me to the babysitter's so that she could go grocery shopping. My father came and picked me up and we went home and waited & waited & waited. She never did come back.

I often wonder how different my life would be had she been a part of my life. I was raised by a single father so I obviously was quite tomboyish. My father married in 1993 to a woman named Linda. We had a joke between us. She called me "Mandyrella" and she was the "wicked stepmother". Unfortunately, she passed away April 14, 2002. I miss her terribly. She was the only mother I have ever known.

If only I could turn back the hands of time.....

No comments: